Zanussi ZKI 245 Washer drier not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having problems with a Zanussi ZKI 245 under the counter washer drier.

It is not drying reliably.

I have had the back and top off and cleaned all the air ducts which did not appear to be blocked.

I checked the thermostats on the air duct which appeared to be closed circuit when cold.
The drum is heating, the cooling/dehumidifying water is flowing. It is not a model that senses humidity of the clothes.

It seems to be cutting out prematurely, a problem I had with a previous washer drier. In that case it was a faulty thermostat and blocked air duct. I think the temperature control thermostat was faulty meaning the duct was overheating and triggering a second thermostat which shut the machine down.

I don't think the above is the case with this machine.

I did notice that the timer clock sometimes counts down the minutes very quickly e.g. you set the drying time to 55mins, the first 5 mins at least will count down very quickly say in 2.5 minutes likewise I think the same may happen sometimes at the end of the cycle as well.

Then, without reason it will work fine and dry a load as it used to. Next load it may stop earlier with a wet load.

Any suggestions? I am loath to call out an engineer as last time I did they replaced a thermostat, drove off without checking the machine adequately and it still had the fault. They replaced a second thermostat and when I requested that they reinstated the first non faulty stat they refused.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back