WJD1667W Zanussi Washer/dryer not drying fully

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Hope someone can help, so here goes. I have a Zanussi WJD1667W washer/dryer. When I set it to dry clothes, they come out hot and damp. I have read some ideas on this site and done the following. I have cleaned out the condenser bottle at the back, I have also done a code check and ended up with E73, so have changed the thermostat at the top of the heater. It is still the same. The timer seems to start off ok then after 5 mins each minute is about 20 seconds. I have not changed the thermostat at the bottom, near the pump yet, untill I can get some more info. Regards, Mongoose.

Sponsored Links
Error E73 indicates an NTC fault. Did you change the NTC...thermostat...or both?

Hi, Only changed the one at the top, i assume this is the thermostat. I am lead to believe that the NTC is the one at the bottom in the outlet hose. This I am going to look at tomorrow. Is there a way to test this. Mongoose.

Is the PNC number 914601817/00 ? Check the door sticker.
On the side of the dryer heater box there should be a manual reset thermostat & a cycling stat. There should also be an NTC mounted in the front of the heater box at the top. It should measure 6kohm at room temp...is this what you changed? Post a photo if in doubt.

Sponsored Links
PNC number is 914601825/00.
On the l/h side of the heater box towards the back is what looks like a reset switch with a reddish button on it, but that seems to be ok, had a play with that. Don't know what a a cycling stat is, and yes the one at the front on the top is the one i changed.

On the side of the dryer heater box there is a manual reset thermostat, looks ok but don't know what to check. if it's the red button it seems fine.

That is a resettable safety thermostat, there should be a one-shot cycling thermostat right next to it. However neither of these is faulty if you have heat. If you have already changed the NTC try cleaning out the heater chamber & condenser & check the fan is running ok. Error codes can be misleading at times, & wildly wrong at others. Often it is all a process of trial & error

OK the fan and heater work. NTC at the top, changed. All that can be cleaned has been done. Could the NTC at the bottom be faulty. Is there any way of checking it. If this is ok, what do you suggest to do next.

The NTC at the bottom is for the washing cycle only...not drying. Most washer dryers only have a 50% drying capacity. That means if your machine has a 5kg wash capacity it in all likelihood only has a 2.5kg drying capacity (your user manual contains all this information). If you put a full load of washing in there then you need to remove half of it & dry stuff in 2 goes. Otherwise you end up with hot/damp clothes.

Zipper, thanks for your help up to now, I am aware of the loading of the machine, but this is not the problem. I am thinking it might be a timer problem, as it runs out of time very quickly.As I said in the first place
The timer seems to start off ok then after 5 mins each minute is about 20 seconds. As I have checked everything else I am lost. What are your views. Cheers.

A few of these machines were equipped with humidity control. I don't know if this includes your model. If there is an NTC sensor fitted to the drying condenser, change it out. If not check the drain pump for obstructions. If you find none then the pcb may be suspect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back