Gas-elec group franchise.

The CC is a closed section specifically for gas registered engineers where we can discuss gas related matters.

As far as I am aware, Gas Elec requires only dual qualified people.

They seem to do multiple certs in central London for big Landlords for just £35 which with parking and congestion charges seems to be to cheap.

Tony

Sponsored Links
agile is trying to say we have closed forum called
Combustion Chamber
in their we do lot pi$$ taking and give more techincal detail
also discuss few other thing away from the genral public
where that pm is not going to be seen so easily

As for the franchise side of it:
By and large, the only people that make money out of a franchise are the owners of the mother company.

If you read through gaselec's sales shpiel and take time to reflect about it, you'll see quickly enough it is all total cowmanure.
The amount of insinuated work is totally unrealistic, as are the prices per cert/job/hour/month.

In short, it's a con.

agile is trying to say we have closed forum called
Combustion Chamber
in their we do lot pi$$ taking and give more techincal detail
also discuss few other thing away from the genral public
where that pm is not going to be seen so easily

Thanks for that information. I understand now. I am not a gas installer so that would exclude me.

They seem to do multiple certs in central London for big Landlords for just £35 which with parking and congestion charges seems to be to cheap.
well I am only at the early stages of investigation at the moment, but as you say that doesn't sound possible for a multiple inspetion with those additional costs.

The franchise requires about 3 months training, and I fully appreciate that the training is not a complete gas or electrical training. I would not expect someone with no knowledge of either diciplines to be able to wire or centrally heat a house with only that much investment in time. But it sounds a reasonable amount of training to be competent enough to do safety checks on both the electrical and gas installations.
After successful completion of the course the engineer is gas safe and part P registered.
That is my understanding anyway.

Sponsored Links
I've come across the ******* in Chelsea and Kensington, I do alot of work for Cluttons estate agents on sloane Stanley estates and the Welcome trust propertys, I had to go to propertys were Gas-elec had said no isolation valve on gas hob (3 occasions) they never pulled out the drawers to see isolation valve or pulled out cooker on one job to find isolation valve (yes i know it should be accessible) the one behind the cooker was a good one because had they pulled out the cooker they would have seen an electric socket with wires hanging out for the cooker, on another they condemned the boiler as it was getting really hot (Suprima i think) it was in a small cupboard that was not ventilated and had no bypass fitted in system so yes it was getting hot, just needed ventilation and a bypass fitting, there were many more but can't remember details, They got some CP12's cause they were cheaper than us, didn't last long.

I've come across the ******* in Chelsea and Kensington, I do alot of work for Cluttons estate agents on sloane Stanley estates and the Welcome trust propertys, I had to go to propertys were Gas-elec had said no isolation valve on gas hob (3 occasions) they never pulled out the drawers to see isolation valve or pulled out cooker on one job to find isolation valve (yes i know it should be accessible) the one behind the cooker was a good one because had they pulled out the cooker they would have seen an electric socket with wires hanging out for the cooker, on another they condemned the boiler as it was getting really hot (Suprima i think) it was in a small cupboard that was not ventilated and had no bypass fitted in system so yes it was getting hot, just needed ventilation and a bypass fitting, there were many more but can't remember details, They got some CP12's cause they were cheaper than us, didn't last long.

All everyday faults that are just NCS so advisory. However, I have seen tenants put at considerable risk by shoddy work. Check your messages expressplumber.

Anyone else considering gas-elec please post in the CC. Comments on the gas-elec operation are not for the public area of the forum.

As for the franchise side of it:
By and large, the only people that make money out of a franchise are the owners of the mother company.

If you read through gaselec's sales shpiel and take time to reflect about it, you'll see quickly enough it is all total cowmanure.
The amount of insinuated work is totally unrealistic, as are the prices per cert/job/hour/month.

In short, it's a con.

Listen to this advise, and follow it, you'll regret it if you don't

The Combustion Chamber is subject to the same legal rules as this one. It is not "closed" in that sense.
It's for gas-safety matters, which this iis not!

Check your messages
Hi gasguru

Im a fully qualified spark and was reading about gas elec franchise. If you know any info about the company could u please share it with me.

Thanks

Raj

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back