Gas-elec group franchise.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Saw an advert in Installer magazine for gas/elec safety certificate engineer franchise with Gas-elec Group. All looks very good, as these things always do, estimated income of 50+k etc. Anyone actually taken the plunge or know anyone who has? How much is the initial investment? As a gas engineer I don't have any electrical qualification, so how long and how much to get this?

Sponsored Links
sorry abdullah, but its like ****ing in the wind, not only would you need electrical qualifications but the experince too

how long have you been a "gas engineer"?

Sponsored Links
asfaik they offer training for the electrical stuff. why don't you just phone them up and find out.

Surely this trade question shoulod be asked in the CC ?

I went through a lot of the process for this about 6 years ago. IIRC the franchise was about £10K, training not much different then you had to buy the laptop off them etc etc.

I think in total it would have been an outlay of around £30k :eek: :LOL:

Gas-elec, isn't that related to group4? If so, I wouldn't touch them with a barge-pole.

I have recentlly been looking at this Gas-elec franchise too.
Very difficult to find out any information from anyone working for the company that hasn't been posted via the company's promotional literature.
This post concluded with a PM so not sure whether it is positive or negative.
Anyone any experience or information they are willing to share
Thanks

For legal reasons it would be easier for some comments to be made in a closed forum if they were not positive.

Why dont you register for and ask in the CC ?

Well I have been on this forum but mainly in the electrical section really.
Although qualified as an electrical technician I have been out of the industry for a long time and occaisionly read related information there.

I posted here as the thread had already been started but ended with a mysterious PM.

Hoped for a bit more information related to the company.

I've had a look at the forum headings and can't see so not sure what the "CC" is and whether that would be more appropriate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back