Gas feed to boiler in roof space

All that aside its really s***te putting a boiler/combi in the loft due to access awkwarness and as a user when it "locks out " at some point because they all do you will have to access it to reset it and when it doesnt reset etal you will be cursing it saying things like " why the **** did i have that b*****d boiler installed up there"
Or maybe i am being a tad cynical :LOL:

Totaly agree, and the hot water run is generally excessive.

Sponsored Links
I avoid boilers in lofts at all cost, remember if you put it there you need a fixed ladder access the loft must have a permanent walkway to the boiler and it must have permanent lighting, also if you have any water loss whatsoever then the boiler will cut out as it is the highest point, I would really see if you could install it else where

totally agree what is it with all these dickhead installers that think it's a good idea to put the boiler in the loft :rolleyes:

oh hold on the same guy that thinks he can just put a gas pipe inside the wall

Sponsored Links
All that aside its really s***te putting a boiler/combi in the loft due to access awkwarness and as a user when it "locks out " at some point because they all do you will have to access it to reset it and when it doesnt reset etal you will be cursing it saying things like " why the **** did i have that b*****d boiler installed up there"
Or maybe i am being a tad cynical :LOL:

Have thought about that, but the kitchen is small and I cant loose a cupboard and the only other place which would really be an option would be under the stairs, but that would just be terrible looking. I've had gas in quite a few rented places and the only times I regularly had to go near the gas boiler was when there was actual faults with the system, so I'm thinking if I have to go up into the roofspace every once in a while, that's no bother. There is a pull down ladder on the hatch and all anyway. Cheers for the advice though!

Seems like there are far more issues with the piping being inside the house than outside, so I think I'll just play it safe and run it up the outside of the house. Thanks everyone, you've been a great help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back