Cavity wall gas meter box.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a cavity wall mounted meter box which has a 15mm supply routed through the back, into the house supplying a gas fire. The pipework is behind the plasterboard.

I would like to have GCH installed as it's currently storage heaters. This would need a new 22mm supply from the meter, through to the back of the house.

Is it possible to make a hole in the front edge of the meter box so the new 22mm pipe can be run along the outside of the house? Or will I need to remove the plasterboard inside and run it?

TIA.

Sponsored Links
You can if there is a purpose built knock out for it. If not, then you cant unless the manufactures say different.

Hi,

Is it possible to make a hole in the front edge of the meter box so the new 22mm pipe can be run along the outside of the house? Or will I need to remove the plasterboard inside and run it?

TIA.

The answer is that you will not be able to do anything because fitting gas pipework is a controlled activity and must be don by a Gas Saf registered person.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back