Gas pipes in roof space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it OK for gas pipes to be routed through a roof space (cold zone)? Not intending to mess around with my gas pipes - just a project planning question.

Sponsored Links
no prob running gas in loft, if it is a communal area it needs to be identified as gas, (adhesive yellow "GAS" tape for a few quid)

It's not the loft, it's the roof space in the eaves of the garage. As for communal use, there is no access to the area whatsoever. I've had to cut an access hole in the ceiling just to get up there and once the installation is complete the access panel will be screwed back into place.

I'll put some marker tape on it anyways if it will keep the goverment's sticky-tape regulatory body happy :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It's still fine no need to identify it but might be nice. Gas fitters know how to identify it anyway.

Don't use compression fittings in inacessible places. Solder.

I only use comp fittings where there is no solder alternative to a comp fitting or where soldering isn't possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back