Gas fire flue and door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys my parents have moved in to a property with a already condemned gas fire. They assumed it was just the fire. They were looking at some in a showroom and dad was showing pics to where the gas fire was to go and also the flue. The saleswomen pointed out that the flue was too close to the porch and not up to today's regs. I've asked my parents what the distance of flue to door is and it's 10 inches. Could someone with some knowledge clarify if it's ok or not? Also I thought of having a metal pipe taking it to the roof level.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hey guys my parents have moved in to a property with a already condemned gas fire. They assumed it was just the fire. They were looking at some in a showroom and dad was showing pics to where the gas fire was to go and also the flue. The saleswomen pointed out that the flue was too close to the porch and not up to today's regs. I've asked my parents what the distance of flue to door is and it's 10 inches. Could someone with some knowledge clarify if it's ok or not? Also I thought of having a metal pipe taking it to the roof level.

Thanks
What boiler is it? Forget the metal pipe idea.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back