gas fire installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i posted a few moons ago but after some work has been complete in the house i'm eventually gettin round to having my fires installed.

Firstly - there are no fires in at the moment and i have 2 focalpoint fires, living and dining room to go in.

the living room seems simple enough - may need to chop the gas pipe to fit under the hearth.

The dining room pipe is a little different, its concreted into the floor - the pipe comes up vertically, it then bends 90degrees onto a horizontal pointing away from the hole in the chimney. this pipe has been stood on at some point, and it has caused a fold (if thats what you'd call it - without splitting the pipe) in the vertical section.

my question is:- how much work is entailed to have the 2 fires installed, i think the pipe will need to be chopped out from the concrete in order to put a coller/neck or something on.

Is this going to be a phenominal amount and how long do you think it should take. bearing in mind - everything can be prepped by me if needs be, ie- chop around the pipe and source all sealing materials and parts.

oh...how much do chimney tests cost...on average and what do they ectually NEED to entail (i'm sure i'll have plenty of people offering the world when i just need a smoke bomb and couple of matches) i have been told i shouldnt need them swept, or lined nor a flue box as it has gas fires in before and the level/grade of gas fire going in.

sorry for the essay - if i dont get it sorted this week or next, i'll have the missus to answer to. LOL.

thankyou all in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back