Installing Flueless Gas Fire

Alot of people seem scared of flueless gas fires. The truth is that if the manufacturers instructions are followed then the fire is no more "dangerous" than any other gas appliance.
We fit and maintain alot of Burley fluless gas fires and have not had any situations that have caused any dangers. This includes one particular case where the cat. converter had actualy been damaged with it in several pieces. The flue gas analyser picked up no more abnormal readings than if it was not damaged at all. Manufacturers tell us that the fire would not produce dangerous levels of co even if the appliance was run without a cat. connected. Obviousley this has been carried out by them in test conditions and is not just my heresay.
As long as maufacturers intructions are followed, especialy room size, ventilation, correctly sized gas supply etc. etc. then these fires can run as safe as any other appliance.
:D ;)

Sponsored Links
People were scared of electric showers when they came out too ......

Its the Witch & the ducking stool :mrgreen:

Being scared has nothing to do with it.

If the fire is that safe AND ODS is supposed to shut it down safely under fault conditions, why did the fire in Wales not go out when it went out of control?

There is no follow up yet on that incidense. Until there is some feedback, I will sleep better at night not having fitted any fire of this type.

Sponsored Links
John M said:
DP said:
why did the fire in Wales not go out

Maybe it was racist ;)
or didn't have anyone to go with!

all joking apart, the main issue with flueless is the manufacturer a certain large diy store sells their crap which has already killed 1 lady. the factory employs immigrant workers many who don't speak english. also ask yourself why they are banned in a lot of the US states?

Go ahead buy one, fit it and then hope you live long enough to enjoy it!

I WOULD NOT HAVE 1 IN MY HOUSE and i would not fit 1 for a customer, i value my freedom too much.

Oh yeah, the one in Wales. What did it do, go out of control and pull a blade? Thats what I heard.
Gas appliances are all potentialy lethal if you go by your way of thinking. These things do not employ witchcraft or any kind of alien technology. They do the job they are meant to do if they are installed and/maintained correctly. Have a bit of faith mate. ;)

SvenVanLagerTop said:
Oh yeah, the one in Wales. What did it do, go out of control and pull a blade? Have a bit of faith mate. ;)

no it just killed an innocent young lady and her dog

i have more faith in winning the lottery - and i don't buy a ticket!

why are they banned in several states in the USA if they are safe?

I would never fit one for any amount of money. I like to sleep at night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back