Gas fire keeps cutting out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a gas fire, one of those log effect type focal point fires.

Its the panoramic gas fire suiteas on

http://www.focalpointfires.plc.uk/newproducts/

however, we light it, it runs for about 20 minutes, then the noise from the fire begins to change. Eventually it cuts out. The gas supply stops as if some kind of safety mechanism cuts in. Its gradually got worse over time.

Anyone know whats causing this?

Sponsored Links
does it have an asd (atmosphere sensing device) or ods (oxygen depletion sensor)?, it will say in the instructions. Sounds like the fire is spilling products of combustion and causing it to operate. How old is it?, when was it last used and has it been regularly serviced??

your comments about " then the noise from the fire begins " leads me to believe that the burner may be "lighting back" when it makes the noise again look directly under the burner if you see a small blue flame under the burner or if there is signs of soot then the burner is in need of repair.

Less disastrous is a blocked or dirty pilot that just needs cleaning.
My initial comment re lighting back is because I have had three of these burners fail like this before.

good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back