Gas fire not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone might recognise the make of the gas fire in the attached photo (and model if possible). It's my mum's and she has just been told that it became obsolete in 2015 and therefore needs renewing as the parts are no longer available. I thought this was a bit harsh as the Gas Safe guy had already given it all the tests and found it to be safe. I was hoping the problem might just be a piezo igniter and might be a £20 repair job. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• photo_2017-12-03_13-40-09_crop.jpg
    photo_2017-12-03_13-40-09_crop.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 99
Sponsored Links
Thanks JJ I'm not sure that the ingniter is the problem yet as I still need to have a look at it and I've spent ages on Google Images trying to identify it, but thanks anyway. My mum has lost the original manual and there's no badge with a brand in it on the fire itself. I was hoping to get its make and model and get a manual to see if it ca be fixed.

It will definately have a data badge on it once the outer case is removed. You just need a decent gas fitter on the job. More likely to be a ht lead rather than the piezo.

I have worked on those but I can't remember the model.......

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back