Gas fire not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Calling all gas fire experts -

I have a Robinson Willey Salisbury RS gas fire that is not lighting, I'd like to check out the piezo-electric sparky thing but I am failing at the first hurdle. How do I get at the workings? i.e. how do I get the cover off?

I am (obviously) not a gas fitter, how much is it likely to cost to call someone out? Are spares expensive?

Any help, etc.

Neil.

Sponsored Links
you are not likely to get any answers on this as gas fires are, potentially, dangerous in the wrong hands. My advice would be to call a RGI that services/repairs fires. there are safety checks to be done that are important and not DIYable.

spares are not expensive, and neither will repairs so stop being a tight a r s e and don't risk the lives of yourself and others
call a professional

Rich

Sponsored Links
Springy, ithe piezo unit is not necessarily the problem, and the other responders are correct in stating that it really isn't a DIY job. Find the gas safe website, and you will find a section providing you with local RGI's and specifically those that are licenced to work on fires. When you contact them, it is reasonable for you to ask how they charge, although you will never get a "quote". I personally do not visit (repair) jobs for free quotes, but I always explain how we calculate charges, avoiding embarrasment at the end of the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back