Gas fire install

B

Bamber gaspipe

I went to a house today & my job was to replace the existing gas fire. The fire was a robinson willey firegem visa installed on a pre-cast flue.It was installed approx. 10 years ago. The fire I was instructed to install : same model but obviously a newer version.

A question to Softus: How would I install this & what would I take into consideration.....You have 24hrs to research..

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
A question to Softus: How would I install this & what would I take into consideration.
Wow! My very own topic - thanks!

The answer is very simple - I'm not prepared to answer that, because I'm not an RGI and have not undertaken sufficient training in gas work. I've never pretended anything else, and the forum is littered with statements to that effect - you have but to read them.

....You have 24hrs to research..
And you have the rest of your lifetime in which to grow up. Yours is the greater challenge methinks. :D

Softus said:
The answer is very simple - I'm not prepared to answer that, because I'm not an RGI and have not undertaken sufficient training in gas work. I've never pretended anything else, and the forum is littered with statements to that effect - you have but to read them.

Speaks volumes really, go back to the Screwfix forum where you are so obviously more qualified to offer an opinion..

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
Speaks volumes really
Are you implying that only RGIs should be allowed to post in the Plumbing and Heating section? Or that only RGIs should be allowed to work on plumbing and heating systems? Or what?

go back to the Screwfix forum where you are so obviously more qualified to offer an opinion..
Now then, I can hardly go back to somewhere that I didn't come from. Or do you use a different kind of English to other RGIs?

Bamber gaspipe said:
Softus said:

Speaks volumes really, go back to the Screwfix forum where you are so obviously more qualified to offer an opinion..

You obviously have a problem with Softus, if it bothers you so much then just ignore him. You need to lighten up, everyone is entitled to an opinion even WS.

I thought it was just lively banter across the big pond.
I found no offence, life is too short to be always pc.
Pete :LOL:

robinson willey selling gas fires in the states.well what next.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back