Gas Fire Out, Multi Fuel Stove In.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a massive urge to rip my old gas fire and replace with a multi fuel burner.

Ive done my calculations for the room size and come up with a requirement for a 4kw burner. Off this room is a conservatory which is constantly bloody cold. Including this into the size requiremt comes to 6.2KW so im loooking to buy a 6.5KW burner ive seen.

When i put the gas fire donkeys years ago it vents into a steel flue within the chimney. I know im going to need to pull this flue back up and replace with a more heavy duty flue. (im more concerned with actually getting up on the roof than doing the actual work...

I know ill need a register plate which i can get made locally.

What clearances will i need around the stove?

Also anything else you think i need to know?

Sponsored Links
You need to investigate exactly how the quoted output of the fire you are interested in, was arrived at.

Some companies give max figures which involve stoking it as high as possible and measuring output 30 mins (?) later.

Others give nominal outputs which will be approx 50 % of max output for similar stove.

Lots of posts with fitting requirements over last 4-6 weeks so a search will help and you could look at posts listed in the "Similar Topics" box at foot of page

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back