Seal for a multi-fuel stove.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all

I've recently fitted a stove in my living room and initially fire cement was used to seal the flue pipe through the register plate. But this has become brittle and sections of it have fell away. I know you can get fire silicone which is good up to 300degrees c but I'm not sure what temp I'll need. Can anyone recommend anything I could use?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Del

Thanks for your reply. I did see this rope but I was thinking it'll be too thick to push into the gap. The flue was a pig to get through the register plate. The gap is probably 1mm maybe less.

Sponsored Links
Does your reg plate have a sealing collar? or is it literally just a hole in a sheet of metal. If the latter then you may have to keep repairing from time to time. The rope is quite squidgy and you can get 3mm which should get in there.

If your chimney is lined throughout then it isn't really a problem anyway as the gases are sealed in the flue and a 1mm gap is not an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back