Gas Fire Remote fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Crystal Lagoon remote control gas fire.When I operate the remote there is occasionally a "clicking" noise coming from the motorised valve area,when this happens there is no responce.Has anyone any ideas or knows of a reliable engineer who is familiar with this set up?

Sponsored Links
Might be worth reading the instructions that came with the fire. The remote control only controls the on/off operation and height of the main burners. It does not light the pilot. This has to be done manually. The clicking noise is caused by holding the remote buttons down for too long.

or the teeth are worn and the gears are slipping.

I dont think I have explained myself correctly - The pilot flame works OK.I am familiar with the instructions & the remote operates OK intermittantly!! The "clicking" noise is not the spark & I am sure its from the motor its self.

Sponsored Links
Yes I have replaced the batts in the remote & the 6 X AA batts in the fire its self.I think nickso has the right idea.The guy I spoke to at Crystal fires refused to recomend a corgi fitter? I don't want to send for someone who may know less that I do - I need someone who is familiar with this kind of control mechanism.

Yes I have replaced the batts in the remote & the 6 X AA batts in the fire its self.I think nickso has the right idea.The guy I spoke to at Crystal fires refused to recomend a corgi fitter? I don't want to send for someone who may know less that I do - I need someone who is familiar with this kind of control mechanism.

you are going to struggle then IMO. not many guys see a remote fire from one year to the next really.

if you have the instructions they are fairly straight forward though, well the ones ive seen are.

I have the instructions & they are straightforward enough - my problem is that I an not corgi Reg.I am an electrical Eng for my sins.I may have to do the job myself & get a fitter to examine the fire afterwards ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back