Gas Fire Remote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had fitted (at great expense) a Gazco E-Box fire. Fine and Dandy but. ….. the controls are at floor level and the Company are demanding aprox £200 to fit a remote. I feel this is extortion since I know I can buy the control unit and remote keypad from the original manufacturer for aprox £75.

Question: Is it just a matter of pulling off the existing knob and replacing it with the motorised control unit? The Gazco kit in question is part #8455 which is in fact the Mertik G30

Sponsored Links
If you consider that ( reasonable to me ) quote to be extortionate then get alternate quotes from other firms!

Please post them up here so we can see how they compare!

Surely if you wanted a remote control fire then why did you not specify it at the outset and it would have been fitted for the same price. They extra is now needed to come back and make anothe visit to convert it.

Tony

the controls are at floor level
Where did you expect them to be?

and the Company are demanding aprox £200 to fit a remote. I feel this is extortion since I know I can buy the control unit and remote keypad from the original manufacturer for aprox £75.

£75 is a good price! does it include VAT and shipping. Haworth heating would be £159.:
http://www.oilstoves.co.uk/checkout.php

Question: Is it just a matter of pulling off the existing knob and replacing it with the motorised control unit?

No it isn't

I don't understand why you think you are being extorted, frankly. Even if they could buy the kit for £75 inc. VAT, that leaves £100+VAT for someone to visiit, fit and guarantee. Not neccesarily cheap, but hardly extortianate. In practice, they would apply a mark up to the product. Retailers cannot normally buy direct from the manufacturer, so I am surprised that you can. Do you deal with the manufacturer by way of trade?

Sponsored Links
I expect the price of custard in ASDA is also extortionate too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back