Gas fire vent??

Jox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...I have recently had a gas fire removed (by a gas safe engineer). There is a vent in the floor of the room that I think may have been cut in when the fire was fitted...as I am about to have new carpet fitted though I would check if the vent was for the fire and if I can close it?

Appreciate any help...thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably yes. A gas fire would have needed a permanent vent into the room so no fire = no requirement for vent.

That said, others will come along shortly to warn about the dangers/possibility of damp & condensation in the room if you block it off, but if it wasn't there originally then I would say you should be ok.

Thank you :D

It was there when i bought the house but certainly looks like it was cut into the floorboards sometime post build and the vent cover never quite sat on the carpet properly!!

If we get a problem we can always open it up again but just wanted to check if the fire would have required it and therefore probably be what it was there for....thanks again :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back