Gas Fire

• Thread starter EdwardCurrent
  • Start date
E

EdwardCurrent

Hello All,

I have recently had some quotes for fitting and supplying a 'gas fire'.
There is already a gas outlet in position. I had a bit of a shock when I saw the price of the 'flue' !!! @£700, Is this basically an intelligent extractor fan ??
If so I am considering leaving the fire out, and just showing the 'flue' in all its glory, lets face it, its double the cost of the fire !!! :LOL:

Thanks for an advice.

Ed.

ps. sorry if I am in the wrong forum.

Sponsored Links
Doe's seem high Ed, though you dont say what sought of flue. :confused:

If it is Kopex then one hell of a length of flue.

:LOL:

craig, me ol mucker when you gonna giz a job ;)

Cheers clf,

I am popping over there this evening and will get some info. Thanks for your thoughts.

Dont Kopex make flexable conduit ?? :eek:
Ta,

Ed.

Sponsored Links
If its a fan flued gas fire with a side ways flue etc it could be this expensive. One cannot judge until installation criteria has been seen.

It is not just like an extractor fan, there a several safety features and cut outs built in and linked to the fire its self.

Thank you all for your replies.

The flue is a Paragon turbo 2000 and does have various features that I had not thought of, it comes with a heat saver unit for outside etc.
Seeing the literature I feel happier, but alas more woe, 2 x quotes for the same job, same fire etc, one is 3.5 and the other is 2 ???? :eek:

Thinking of getting a table and lamp now. :LOL:

Thanks again.

Ed.

Fail to see how such a fire will be fitted in two hours. Such fires take a lot of time and effort to fit as opening between fire and external fan box is quite time consuming.

If you go along with two or three hour fit, do get a written understanding that the job will be completed and these guys are indeed registered to work on fires (many are not)

It will be your life in their hands

Sorry I meant £k :oops:

Would Corgi registration cover this kind of work, or are there different types of installers within Corgi please ??

Thanks.

You always should check the back of a corgi ID card. This will tell you what categories the corgi in front of you is qualified and competent to work on. Just because somebody is corgi reg doesn't mean they can work on all gas appliances and gas types ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back