gas fires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was hoping a few of you could share some thoughts on fires.looking at the hse reports on co incidents over past 14 years.im surprised out little gas fires feature. 1 fatality in 2008!! i at risk so many dfe fires that have no vents. as we know fires are a favourite of illegal workers. wack it in connect 8mm , few hundres pounds thank you.

in the private sector i do wonder why fires account for so little incidents when theyve never been serviced or checked since installation ,assuming fire was legally put in!!i reckon about 10 percent of private houses have a gas fire that around 1.5-2 million homes that are not checked. its odd considering how dfe's seem to get stick and ventilation rammed into us. at least 30 percent of dfe;s i see are years old and have no vent but thankfully havent done any damage. warning pad out;)))

Sponsored Links
how many people actually use there gas fire ? with modern central heating theres no need to, better with an electric fire with coal effect

in london they do. waste of loads of money because it looks nice!!!! i suppose elderly with radiant fires in social housing are more prone to using fires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back