Gas Flue Issue

Not very ideal but I don't see any reason not to have a plume kit.

Was the conservatory built so close to the flue by a cowboy?

Or was it someone who thought it was a visual feature rather than a working boiler flue?

Hopefully you did not stand by and watch the conservatory being built so close?

Sponsored Links
well to be honest, when the initial survey was carried out we had plenty of space. With the chalk line of the roof and walls being drawn central to the house.

At some point (ground level) the decision was made to have an even gap either side of the ex kitchen window to wall and the ex patio door to wall, as more visually pleasing. That coupled with the fact that the wife wanted the floor raised a couple more inches as she didnt like the step out.

So although it was considered at survey, it was missed when groundworks started. And so when we got to the roof, it was an oops moment... Though totally our fault as we asked for the change without thinking about that. :whistle:

that fence panel to the left of the flue, is that the boundry between you and your neighbour? if so the flue should be 300mm away from it, by the looks of that picture i think you don't have that.

from an internal corner on the Baxis you need 25mm, which you seem to have, to fit a plume kit on those boilers the whole flue needs to be changed as it can't be retro fitted

Thanks Stu for that further information.

The fence panel is indeed a boundary. Unfortunately it's been like that since install. The engineer I had over also pointed out the flue portion above the kitchen cupboards is boxes in so he can't get access so I have to remove and make good there also. And two pipes come down in plastic beside the boiler which I also have to change for copper!

My house is a 10yr old Bovis home so it's disappointing to find these issues. But those aside the conservatory is our own doing.

I did call Baxi parts who put me through to a tech guy. I rang for availability of parts because I was told you couldn't get any from the engineer. But they say they have good stock levels of most parts. And he advised I order the whole plume displacement kit. Though he didn't have all the info which is why I referred to the net where I can show pictures/drawings. But he did keep coming back to ordering that kit which strengthens what you say as he must know you also cannot alter anything there.

Sponsored Links
A baxi plume kit is a complete new flue on that model isn't it? They do the deflector thingy though!

yeah, it's white and has a 90 elbow on the end of it, there's also a huge metal white square plate that goes over it,
i hated the Baxi flue system, it seemed to be made of unobtainium as it was so tough to cut through!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back