Gas grill stopped worked - HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a built-in SS oven and grill which is 4 years old. Yesterday I found out that the gas grill will NOT light, the ignition is sparking but I just cant understand why its not working. The grill is at the top of the oven.

The oven is still working fine, ignition and gas act like normal.

I have no ideal what, where or how I can look to fix it and with no funds I cant afford to call out anyone. Could it be possible there is a blockage somewhere in the grill line??

Any help or advise would be really appreciated.

Thanks

ps: Need simple instructions to try and repair myself.

Sponsored Links
Any and I mean any gas related repairs need to be carried out by a registered engineer.Don't chance it.Cookers and grills require as much care as boilers.

Any and I mean any gas related repairs need to be carried out by a registered engineer.Don't chance it.Cookers and grills require as much care as boilers.

Yea, sory OP, but you won't get gas specific advice here, although most of us would suspect the same component fault . Getting it wrong can lead to a lot of tears. Look at he Gas Safe site, phone a few RGI's. Make sure they are experienced in cooker FAULT FINDING and ask about their terms.

http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/Default.aspx

Alternatively, some makers have fixed price schemes.

Sponsored Links
Does it light with a match or taper

No the grill doesnt light with the ignition or a lighter - my husband tried it not me. Didnt mean to give the impression I would mess with gas. I have looked up a guy from the gas safe register on the link given and he is (hopefully) coming out tomorrow and has said he will quote a price when hes had a look at it. I did make sure that he is registered to repair cookers which he is, hopefully it wont work out too expensive. British Gas wanted £150 call out charge which is something I just couldnt afford.

Fingers crossed.

By the way I have a toaster but its electric and cooking on a gas grill is 200% better than electric and more flexible. Cheese on toast, fish fingers, grilled fish, nan bread, grilled sausage - I use my gas grill a lot and would never replace it with electric and you just so lose out on the taste and flexibility.

Thanks

It's probably the flame failure device that's packed up. £60 parts plus fitting.
You'll be up for £150.

It's probably the flame failure device that's packed up. £60 parts plus fitting.
You'll be up for £150.

Almost certainly WRONG. But then Joe- 90 you're a weird specy kid that knows nothing.

And in any case, how would you know what the part costs without knowing the make and model.

OP, please let us know the eventual outcome. I'm sorry we can't give you info, but it is against forum rules.

What do you think it is then? Or don't you know?

is this a seperate appliance or combined with a free standing cooker.
make/model would have been a helping hand.
can you post a photo or 2 even of your grill.

info=results.

What do you think it is then? Or don't you know?

Yes, i am fairly sure I do. But as I said, we can't discuss it here. Pop into the C Chamber and I'll tell you there. O - I forgot, I think you're not allowed there.

is this a seperate appliance or combined with a free standing cooker.
make/model would have been a helping hand.
can you post a photo or 2 even of your grill.

info=results.

Its a New World G60 Gyroflow integrated stainless steel oven.
4 years old from new.

Can try a photo tomorrow if possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back