Gas hob clicker/ lighter not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please guys,
Just moved house the gas had been switched off some time while empty. I switched it on and tried to light the almost new gas hob. It clicked away but didn't light so I cleaned up the top which was just a bit dusty and the gas came through but the automatic clicker sparker is not working and I have to use a match what did I do can I fix it ?
Tully.

Sponsored Links
The electrical supply should be fused somewhere (either a plug or an FCU) have you checked the fuse?

Thanks jj the fuse is fine In the plug and the sockets okay, the little black box that the cable goes to would it have a fuse in this its right at the back under the fitted cupboard and diffecult to get too is it worth opening it up.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I've just re-read your initial post. Do you get a clicking noise when you turn on each burner but they fail to light or has the clicking stopped since you cleaned the hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back