Gas Hob Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am fiiitng a new kitchen and have spoken to the guy who is going to fit the gas hob for me in preparation for fitting the units etc. He pointed out that there is a minimum distance between the worktop that the hob is to be mounted in and the bottom of the wall unit above.

I have consulted the installation guide for the hob and it is a class something or the other and requires a minimum of 700mm clearance. This is all well and good for the unit above the hob which is a half height unit with an extractor (making the pair some 150mm shorter than the standard unit height). But the gas guy says that he thinks that the two units either side of the one above the hob and any plinth (or whatever you call the little skirt on the wall units is called) must adopt the same clearance from the surface.

In order to accommodate the situation I have had to put the legs on the base units to minimum (which seems low), abandoned the plinth on the wall units and the put the wall units so high that I can't reach the top shelf of them easily and i am 6'4".

Can I get a second opinion of anybody elses interpretation of the clearance rule and if it does indeed affect the neighbouring units (and plinth) as well as the immediate one abpve the hob.

Thanks,

Don

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back