Gas Hob Ventilation

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Muzz, 18 Mar 2018.

1. Muzz

Muzz

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I've currently got a gas hob, kitchen has external windows/doors. There is also an air brick in the wall, externally it has a silver angled cover, open at the bottom.

I'm thinking on building a conservatory utility room which would enclose the windows, door and vent.

From what I've read this would be unsafe/non compliant as there would be no external source of clean air?

If this is the case, is it acceptable for me to duct the air brick to what will be my new outside wall? (conservatory will have a dwarf wall)

Thanks,

2. denso13

denso13

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Maybe, maybe not. Better get a Gas Safe person to take a look as there are strict rules regarding ducting and vent sizing.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. gasbanni

gasbanni

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's not gas safe issue it's to comply with the building regs as opposed to the gas regs .....that's what I was told when I questioned the gas safe technical help line.
    It's not for combustion purposes.

It may have changed ...things do.

You can put forced extraction in to comply ....but then it depends if you switch it on or not !!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. picasso

picasso

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The room volume/ventilation (if needed) gives air for combustion, the door/window to outside is building regs.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    More info needed... what's the kw rating of the hob, and what's the volume of the room?

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local