Gas Hobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks

I'm planning out a new kitchen extension and trying to start possible layouts. I'd like to install a gas hob and I'm trying to figure out where the gas supply would run.

1. What size feed pipe goes to the gas hob?
2. Can this be teed off from somewhere else or does it have to come from the meter?
3. If 2 is no, I've just had a new boiler put in with a 22mm feed pipe, which runs over the intended hob location at first floor level. Can this be tapped into for the hob or does the boiler need the whole supply?

I'm not doing any of the gas work myself by the way.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
hard to say without looking

cannot you get an RGI in to quote you ?

Thanks for the quick reply.

From a positioning point of view it's possible, but I just need to know whether you are allowed to use the boiler supply pipework to run another appliance, or if a hob needs a new feed.

If a new supply is needed it's also possible to run it fairly easily but if it is possible to tap off, this would be far easier.

Is this hob/boiler dependant?

Thanks again

Get a gasafe installer, chances are that you will be abl to tee into the existing 22mm supply near the hob with a 10 mm pipe to hob.

Sponsored Links
Totally possible to tee off.

You just need to ensure that the pressure loss in the pipework from the meter/governor to the appliance furthest away fro the meter/governor is less than 120 Pa.

I would imagine that a 22mm feed to a domestic boiler should be sufficient to run both the boiler and a 4-burner hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back