gas industry unsafe situations procedure questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,ive got some gas homework and need a little help answering these questions as im yet to receive my corgi book
classify the following situations in accordance with the industry unsafe situations procedure.

a) gas escape on an existing installation outside maximum permissible pressure drop?

b)permanent combustion air supply not provided to an open flued water heater of 5kw heat input

c)permanent combustion air supply not provided to an open flued water heater 12kw heat input

d)signs of spillage from an open flued appliance

e)a room sealed water heater flued into conservatory

any feedback appreciated

Sponsored Links
hi guys,ive got some gas homework and need a little help answering these questions as im yet to receive my corgi book
classify the following situations in accordance with the industry unsafe situations procedure.
my answers in bold
a) gas escape on an existing installation outside maximum permissible pressure drop? i say ID
b)permanent combustion air supply not provided to an open flued water heater of 5kw heat input i say combustion vent should not be required
c)permanent combustion air supply not provided to an open flued water heater 12kw heat input i say AR
i say ID
e)a room sealed water heater flued into conservatory i say AR and RIDDOR (if heater is on or could be put on it will be ID when on.)
any feedback appreciated

just tell us when your assessment is and we come down and sit for you :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
He could be waiting a long time for Corgi
and you couldn't get the book until registered. It is available online from Gas Safe BEFORE taking any assessments.

my answers in bold
a) gas escape on an existing installation outside maximum permissible pressure drop? i say ID
b)permanent combustion air supply not provided to an open flued water heater of 5kw heat input i say combustion vent should not be required
c)permanent combustion air supply not provided to an open flued water heater 12kw heat input i say AR
i say ID
e)a room sealed water heater flued into conservatory i say AR and RIDDOR (if heater is on or could be put on it will be ID when on.)
any feedback appreciated

Dont think i would agree with c

Dont think i would agree with c

would you care to elaborate on why you dont agree with c, i have had another look since you dont agree but cant see what i'm missing.

open flue requires 5cm2 per kw, usually first 7kw covered by adventitious ventilation, no permanent combustion vent is AR, no mention of spilling POC's etc so not ID. but every day is a school day so enlighten me please,

I also say C is AR...and here's a quote from my (shiny brand new Gas Safe edition) Unsafe Situations booklet, just to prove it.

"Open-flued and Flueless Appliances requiring a purpose provided combustion air supply where NONE is provided"..... AR

It would, as has been pointed out, be ID if there were signs of spillage (not mentioned in the question), and there is a case for saying that it is also RIDDOR reportable as you could quite easily argue that if the spillage was caused by the lack of any attempt to provide ventilation then that is unsatisfactory workmanship, which is reportable.

Would still like to hear your thoughts on it though BishBosh...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back