Gas line visible into fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I just got a new gas fire installed and they have pulled the gas line in from the side of the fire then cut a hole in my cast iron grate and threaded it through. I was hoping the hole would be behind the fire and no gas line would be visible to give a more realistic look. Gas line is from outside the house so right behind the fireplace is the outside.

Are there some rules that a line can't come in underneath or something or is the image attached not a great job?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20201029_175118.jpg
    20201029_175118.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Seen much worse..Norm is a metre of chrome surface mounted pipe...v tricky to have re-routed any other way with the tiling.

Sponsored Links
Fair enough guys if you think it's a good job I will just leave it be. I haven't raised it with anyone yet and really only obvious during the day.

Thanks for your input

No reason that I can see why they could not have brought it under the fire, if the pipe was existing then maybe ok but not on a new install.

That's what I thought too. Just seemed to have missed the middle of the fire when drilling in I thought

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back