Gas Meter Calibrations.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can gas meters read incorrectly?
Is there a procedure to follow to ask the gas supplier to calibrate the meter to ensure it is registering the correct usage? Who would be responsible, Powergen or Transco?
The meter is not very new, the sticker that was placed in the meter box when it was replaced has not been filled in so I have no idea how long it has been there.
Thanks,
dave

Sponsored Links
Yes they can be wrong. I think that the usual is that if you ask for it to be checked they will charge you then refund it if the meter is found to be faulty.

Think it is about 80 quid.....Usually as a meter gets older and wears inside it i usually in the customers favour which is why meters are now changed on a twenty year rolling programme

Sponsored Links
Wow :eek: Last time I heard it was only £35. I must be out of touch with reality :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back