Smart Gas Meters

[QUOTE="Hysteresis]So My error was the assumption that my old meter was calibrated in cu ft due to its age and as the new meters indicated as M3 it seemed incorrect that the new supplier would use the same conversion numbers as my old meters.[/QUOTE]
It's good to hear that you have resolved your problem; but you are wrong in thinking that the old meter must have been indicating cubic metres as it was using the same conversion of 39.5 MJ per m3. The old meter could have been indicating 100's of cubic feet which is then converted to cubic metres by multiplying it by 2.83; i.e. a meter reading of 1(00) cubic feet = 2.83 m³. The reason for this conversion is that, by law - see my last post, the thermal energy of gas must be quoted in MJ per m³.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your comment, but if it was as you say I would have seen that in the Calculation of kWh in my bills from my old supplier, but the used only Meter reading*Correction Factor * 39.5/3.6, so it must have been M3

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back