Gas Meter Outlet Point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
am having gas installed at house.
Had to sink meter box into wall ready for connection to mains..left 45mm hole behind box on right hand side for outlet from meter into house but guys from gas company have said that supply into house has to be from below meter box and in as oppose to through meter box...want to find out as if they are right I will have to bore another hole in wall and I live in old cottage with very thick walls!!!
Want to get this sorted before our plumber arrives next friday so that he can get on with connection and heating.

Sponsored Links
Plenty of gas supplies into house go straight through the back of the meter box then the hole through the box is sealed with non setting compound. Dunno why yours should be different, but I don`t install meter boxes, thought that was the job for the gas supplier.

All set in wall meter boxes should come complete with a plastic 'tube' liner to fit in the hole in the back of the meter box.

This is held in with the 3 screws supplied with it.

The pipe is then sealed as above post.

Just for the record
gas supplier would not set meter box into wall as were not covered by their insurance to do so!!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for last post
I asked for this from supplier of meter box and was then told the confusing info causing my initial question...someone obviously has got it wrong..will get onto this on monday

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back