gas meter under sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as above is it illegal got some pictures to show but dont know how to upload them :oops: . im refitting a kitchen and the gas meter is attached to the sink carcass. i would like to have it move to a external wall and am wondering if the gas board will move it or will i have to pay someone to move it :confused: any suggesting s please View media item 16313 View media item 16314 View media item 16315

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
No, it isn't illegal, and the gas utility will charge you to have it moved.

Best get a price to see what you're letting yourself infor.

HEY PICCIES!!!
As a reward for the visual entertainment, here is a tip that will save you some money.
Get rid of the card meter and get a normal one. This will enable you to find the cheapest rate for your area; this can knock £100 - £200 a year of your gasbill.

HEY PICCIES!!!
As a reward for the visual entertainment, here is a tip that will save you some money.
Get rid of the card meter and get a normal one. This will enable you to find the cheapest rate for your area; this can knock £100 - £200 a year of your gasbill.

:LOL: im on a dry meter its for a sub let that im fitting out but cheers for the advice

Dry meter now that term will confuse majority on here DP.
How is the injury did you manage to get any money

Seen a lot worse.
Dead shame I didn't have my camera on me last week.
Corroded gasmeter on a pipe that had rotted so much that it was leaking, and a damaged distributor cutout sitting on the haspipe and faulty bonding to complete the disaster. :eek:
Turned the ecv off and called tofo and DNO.

I remember seeing a U40 meter dangling from the 2 flexi inlet and outlet pipes..... factory had taken the plinth away and left the bugger hanging :eek:

How it was still up I have no idea...... what made it more scary was the fact it was on an MP supply and the service was basically the only rigid support....

I left with the meter :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back