Moving Gas meter V2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have been given 5 weeks minimum by SGN to move my gas meter outside at a cost of around £800. I would apreciate some expert advice please. We are building a bathroom under the stairs so we need the gas meter out of the way as quickly as possible.
The picture below shows my gas meter in its current location. The still main gas pipe comes from under the floor. The electrics are at the right and it looks like we could rearrange the cables and have room to move the gas meter a bit to the right. Based on the pictures is this possible?

20160121_180814.jpg 20160121_180627.jpg20160121_180612.jpg

Sponsored Links
The advantage of an external meter are worth having. The meter reader doesn't have to come into the house to read it so ( hopefully ) no more estimated bills. If pssible go for a semi concealed box. Half buried and very un-obtrusive. ( needs a different type of meter with the dials facing upwards ) Not suitable for arthritic meter readers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back