Moving Gas meter. Alternatives

I have attached a Pic. The ECV can remain in the original possition however the meter once the bathroom is made it will be in a "different" cupboard and i have been told it may need another ECV. As you see there is space enough, the plan is to move it under the RCD box. Since i have the choice of getting a smart meter for free this should make things easier. Does smart meters HAVE to be installed by SGN as well?
View attachment 98057

If you'd approached me as a customer North I would have no problem doing what you've asked after I'd explained some of what has been mentioned above, from what you've posted it seems a fairly straight forward job.

Smart metres? Don't get me started on them!! Suffice to say I will NEVER have one fitted in my house.

They'll more than likely put the metre in the same place, fitting a secondary ECV would be straight forward if needed.

Sponsored Links
North you always need access to the primary ecv, and enough room to change it.
Your best bet is to have the whole moved outside.
See how much they would charge you for this

ajr part of your contract with gas supplier is the meter must be made available to be inspected once every 24 months and if they cannot gain access then they will if need be get a right of entry warrant .Have visited many properties with the bailiffs over the years for this exact reason while working for BG

Sponsored Links
F£&ok with the gas supplier at your own peril! They can and will make sure you comply, I'm not scaremongering, it's just the way it is... and for good reason in the long run. A grand to have them put it outside is about the price I'd expect to hear.

ajr part of your contract with gas supplier is the meter must be made available to be inspected once every 24 months and if they cannot gain access then they will if need be get a right of entry warrant .Have visited many properties with the bailiffs over the years for this exact reason while working for BG
Like I said above show me where it says it in any of the gas acts.

BTW bailiffs don't attend for forced entries with BG or any utility company.

North NO they cant, they have the proper qualification which most rgis dont have

arj you are talking sh#te ballif always attends for forced entry along with a lock smith and an engineer as adlplumb says that must have been a ghost with me who goes to the door first to discuss with occupier then tells us to go in or if no one in tells the locksmith to gain entry .
Who do you think does the forced entry for debt ? the engineer?

Like I said (again) expect a visit if you don't go ahead... They will want to check!

arj you are talking sh#te ballif always attends for forced entry along with a lock smith and an engineer as adlplumb says that must have been a ghost with me who goes to the door first to discuss with occupier then tells us to go in or if no one in tells the locksmith to gain entry .
Who do you think does the forced entry for debt ? the engineer?

You can post your finger through the letter box and get it to open the door like a ninja Mini Thing ;)

013-the-addams-family-theredlist.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back