Can a gas safe engineer disconnect a gas meter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am receiving quotes for a new kitchen install on behalf of my elderly mother and one of the kitchen designers has suggested that the gas meter will need disconnecting to fit the units around it - then refitting back to the original inlet (Anaconda).

I am just querying whether it is correct that a gas safe engineer can disconnect the gas meter from the Anaconda flexible hose, then refit it back in the same place?

I understand that if the meter needs moving beyond the flexible distance of the Anaconda then the gas board / supplier of the meter need to move it - but I am not sure if a Gas safe engineer can actually disconnect it and reconnect it if it isn't being relocated.

Thanks for any advice.

Sean.

Sponsored Links
When extending copper supplies and soldering the meter must be disconnected and moved to a safe place during the process,and this CAN be done by any RGI.

Sponsored Links
When extending copper supplies and soldering the meter must be disconnected and moved to a safe place during the process,and this CAN be done by any RGI.

That's interesting - you would think it would be safer leaving the meter on when soldering etc rather than leaving the open end of the Anaconda vulnerable with only the stop handle turned off.

Thanks!

EDIT - Just realised, you probably mean soldering on copper which is directly attached to the meter - it makes sense that the meter be disconnected when doing that :) Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back