primary meter relocation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i should know this but i don't !! so i'm asking here.
i have MET1 so i am allowed to work on meters, during a kitchen refit i need to reposition meter to suit kitchen alteration, meter and ECV are still in the same unit but by altering the anaconda i can reposition the meter slightly, then repipe outlet in 22mm copper, no prob doing this, but 1st question can you buy longer than normal anacondas to allow alteration by a few inches more than merely rebending the ananconda, (normal one is 400mm long) 2nd question if they are available am i allowed to change original, (as it is owned by gas supplier i am thinking i prob need their permission)

Sponsored Links
if i remember correctly. even with met 1 its only if your OAMI you can acctually play with the meters.

I install meters for a living......when I need to create a few inches from ecv to meter I either stretch anaconda (2 feet on regulator + pull flexi) or i use appropriate fittings ie 1" Slotted Adaptor which slides onto meter bracket then screws onto meter with Regulator screwing onto Adaptor......if you need more extra length then simply use 22 copper pipe from ecv using male,female fitting from ecv onto copper then fittings on end of copper for regulator to screw onto, although you have MET1 I do think you need permission from gas supplier but if your competent and check things over thoroughly who's to know.

cheers Gastel, i had thought about getting fittings to convert to copper but thought inlet had to be on anaconda, i appreciate there are many meters with fixed pipe either side, but if gas supplier attended after we did this work they would know i had changed to copper inlet, can you confirm if inlet must be anaconda or is it preferred.
ta

Sponsored Links
Anaconda is purely to make installation easier and quicker , they can be bought in different lengths from bes ltd. NG have different lengths avialable.
No reason at all for not using copper inlet and outlet . (used to be a rule about not using 2 anacondas) No one has got a clue what has been used on installs. So you can change to suit
There used to be a rule no capillary joints on inlet and maximum length of 2 feet and in same room , these have all gone now

cheers, having another think about this, is it acceptable to remove anaconda from govenor fit 3/4"x 22mm FI adaptor to anaconda, 3/4"x 22mm st boiler coupling into regulator with appropriate length of 22mm copper between the 2 brass fittings, this would make installation easier but would also be easier to do it this way as we have these fittings in the van!!
i did look in BES catalogue and couldn't see longer anacondas with 3/4" MI and 1" meter nut at other end

Without seeing scenario its hard to tell but I'd be careful of parting anaconda from guvner as most of these are factory tightened & could be damaged when trying to remove, the best bet would be to take copper straight from ecv to wherever you need be then join anaconda on from there, you can get compression or solder fittings to suit no probs. The gas supplier wont know anything as long as its all gas tight & guvners in place on inlet to meter.

Pretty certain inlet has to be one or the other(anaconda or rigid fix) and not allowed a mixture. Mind you i have seen some mixtures of adaptors to get extra length onto main tap ;)

Will check for you with transco guys in cafe later

So 3/4 male to 22mm into govenernor , adaptors onto inch main tap so the 3/4 female (with washer in it) to 22mm compression fitting(we used to call them 72`s ?) copper in between

yeah checked on bes they used to do a lot more fittings and flexes

Kirk checked and mixing anaconda and copper on the inlet is perfectly ok.

Meant to add earlier as gastel said if its one of the new governor and anacondas you will be lucky to split them.

cheers gastel and namsag, you cannae buy this kind of help, i will leave anaconda attached to govenor and will get fitting to go from anaconda to 22mm copper and will get 3/4" TO 22mm for ECV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back