Damaged anaconda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just been ripping out a [flood damaged] kitchen where the gas meter is rather stupidly placed on the floor located inside a rather botched cabinet.

In my fervour to remove the ceiling a big lump of board came down on the meter and bent and holed the anaconda on the meter. The gas was off, but now leaks when turned on.

Question is the anaconda is on the 'supplier side' so am I liable to stump up for the damaged pipe?

I would rather shift it meter outside as the gas main comes into the meter through the wall and the feed out goes straight out the same wall about 12" to the right, ridiculous.

Any ideas if I am going to get stung to rectify the damage, obviously a Gas Safe can't touch the meter on the supply side, so it will be TransCo who will have to resolve.

Anyone know if a bung to the TransCo engineer might see the meter move outside as I have just priced the job up on their website at a ridiculous £750!

Steve

Sponsored Links
Call out NG on 0800 111 999 and report smell of gas.

They will be there within the hour to repair FOC.

As for moving the meter, thats another story.

they may not repair FOC if it was damaged by customer, but it will depend on who actually comes out.

We had an issue of a flux damaged anaconda on a u16 meter gas provider wouldn't fix it as didn't have any.
gas meter was at low level and had a cylinder above it on steel bars and well i had to do a lot of pipework at high level. whoppsie.
We got one from bes overnight and customer paid for it.

Sponsored Links
just explain how it happemed to nat grid guy in person,say it was out of your control.
otherwise get some cash out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back