Gas oven goes out when open the door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my previous thread asking if a thermocouple was a consumable or not it seems to be becoming irrelevant now anyway. And very expensive.

I've replaced the thermocouple, the spark-plug & lead and the thermostat but, the communique from the tenant is now:

"it lights fine but only works on max temp. As soon as I turn it down it switches off. I've even left it for half an hour. And, as soon as I open the the oven door it just goes off, every time"

Has anyone any ideas? Spend so far is £263 on a £259 cooker. This is getting VERY expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The pilot valve (think that's what my gas guy called it)

Basically after the gas has done it burn up to get the oven up to temp it relies on this valve, if it is caked in grease from cooking this restricts the gas and blows out when the doors opened (happens to mine)

Apparently it's just as simple as removing it and washing it out.

My gas guy is meant to be out in a few weeks to do mine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back