gas pipe 15mm to 22mm??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Getting some quotes in for a combi to replace old Myson Apollo / Gledhill Boilermate combo. One of the installers said something about replacing the 15mm gas pipe with 22mm.

Whats that for then?

Sponsored Links
Quite simply, more gas....

In order for a Combi to operate correctly and, more importantly, safely the supply of gas must be adequate.

To comply with the greater needs of the combi, and the regs. Take it seriously! Quite often 28mm is needed.

Sponsored Links
That's three of us sitting in, afraid to go out in the snow, supposed to be doing our invoices!

thanks for your replies gents - presumably, this means the whole pipe all the way back to the meter?

Sounds like a floorboards up job to me!

Certainly is! I'll be in the same position soon, missus not too pleased that I will be taking the floor up though. says she is going to her parents for the week! :p

adwt2004 said:
Certainly is! I'll be in the same position soon, missus not too pleased that I will be taking the floor up though. says she is going to her parents for the week! :p

Party Time :cool: :cool: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Not going to get a lot of work done that week :LOL:

ChrisR said:
That's three of us sitting in, afraid to go out in the snow, supposed to be doing our invoices!

Was out in the snow until 2am, sorting out a frozen supply to a pig farm hence the late start!! Its bee na while since I got my boots muddy.

I dont see there is much you can do at 2 am.

Even if you unfreeze it then it will only freeze up again later.

Cant pigs eat snow?

Agile said:
I dont see there is much you can do at 2 am.

Even if you unfreeze it then it will only freeze up again later.

Cant pigs eat snow?

32mm overfeed on a section of 4" main that is being replaced, all exposed. Ferrule on one end of the 32mm was jammed with small stones and sh*te so no flow through. Once that was sorted had to unfreeze ferrule on t'other end.

Wouldn't freeze or jam again, gave it a good flush out. The flow through for the storage tanks and a bit of cover stopped it freezing back up again.

Pigs were all indoors, and to confess to a slight untruth, it didn't start snowing here until about 4am, I was tucked up in my duvet by 2... we all like to lay it on a bit :oops:

Right then! The pipe had become blocked with stones then!

The resulting lack of flow had caused it to freeze up!

No snow either!

And those pigs were all tucked up in bed anyway.

Tony

Agile said:
And those pigs were all tucked up in bed anyway.

Tony

the pigs were well awake... had no water for nearly 18 hrs, all from auto drinkers not troughs...

does this constitute hijacking a thread? :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back