gas pipe above cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have moved into a house where the gas pipe to the cooker comes down from the ceiling directly behide the cooker, can anybody tell me if this is dangerous pls, it is a copper pipe but the flames from the hob are only about 6 inches away.
thank you.
jackie

Sponsored Links
Perfectly ok . The flames are a lot closer to pipes within the cooker if you think about it and the pipe that connects cooker is rubber

In the interest of safety, are there any electrical switches or sockets in the vicinity of the gas hob?

Perfectly ok . The flames are a lot closer to pipes within the cooker if you think about it and the pipe that connects cooker is rubber

Sorry,but I have to disagree,I would have it re-routed away from the cooker and brought up behind, if poss. Obviously all done by a competent RGI.

Sponsored Links
Disagree all you want it is perfectly legal and safe to run a pipe like that pray tell how you think it will get damaged . more than a pipe rising out the floor to the industry standard 630mm(if not defined mi`s) then have a rubber hose connecting the cooker which is just by the oven .
Or a pipe to a hob that sits directly behind a built in oven

None of what youve written have a live flame licking away 6"from the pipe. What if theres a soldered joint in that vicinity.

I would defo re-route irrespective of regs

So you have never seen an oven with an open cavity at the bottom for combustion air that is about 2 inches from pipework then . And what do you think joints within the cooker are some are only rubber seals a lot closer than 6 inches from the live flames
The OP does not mention any joints they speak about pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back