Fitting a cooker gas hob the correct method

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please tell me what is the corrct way to fit a cooker hob.

Some say it is ok to use a cooker hose as long as the hose is not subjected to heat more than 70c and others say copper pipeing must be used with an isolation tap fitted.

If copper pipeing is the correct method, what are the fittings reguired to fit onto the half inch pipe fitted to the back of the hob.

Into this fitting runs the 15mm pipework gas supply = should this be soldered or can a compresion fitting be used.

The 15mm gas tap feeding the cooker does this have to be soldered or can you use the compresion type.

Thanks guys for your help :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If the hob has a male iron fitting, then use a male iron to copper fitting.
If you do not possess a manometer, please do not attempt any gas work.,
If you took my manometer off me, i wouldnt be TOTALLY confident in my work and sleep at night. messed with electrics myself, cant see it, cant smell it, but it dont alf hurt !!.

Seriously my friend,
If you asked advice on any plumbing concerns you might have, I would bend over backwards to help you. Gas is a bit of a ****, under pressured, hmmm problems, leaks well at least you could smell it. unless vented to the open air, and then hopefully just high gas bills. The soldering is slightly different, not a lot !. But as i am sure here, all gas plumbers will check out the soundness of the pipe work and appliances. Check the burner pressures, ensure that the flues, be it room sealed or not, are functioning properly, and that there are no signs of spillage, and that the flame picture looks fine. I could go on and on, but i hope you get my drift, and that you take advice from a COMPETANT gas fitter, and sleep safe at night, OH and your loved ones as well.

A hose can't normally be used. It would have to explicitly say you can use a flexible hose to BS dah de dah in the instructions. I saw one, once, which did, but usually itsays nowt or refers to a hose type we don't use. So it has to be copper, with an isolating tap. It needn't be 15mm, smaller can be ok and is often a bit easier to accommodate.

Either way, it isn't a diy job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back