Gas pipe behind my new electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I just replaced my old electric oven, and the new oven is a bit bigger. Its fits in the recess perfectly, but the copper gas pipe that drops down from the gas hob now sits on top of the oven, whereas before it had about a 5cm clearance. It hasn't moved the pipe at all, in fact it was lucky the oven fitted, but its fits like a glove now, and the result is the copper pipe is in contact with the oven.

My question is, does it matter if the copper gas pipe gets hot? Obvioulsy only as hot as the outside of an oven can get, which im assuming isnt really hot otherwise it wouldn't be suitable for fittiing into a small space, but netherless are there any guidelines?

I've attached a picture which hopefully helps!

Sponsored Links
common sense should dictate that an appliance with a metal body (built in oven) should not be touching a gas pipe. if the oven casing were to come live for some reason and the gas pipe is earthed as it should be, you could end up with a rather impressive gas explosion!

there are regs that state minimum distances, Your RGI should be able to sort it out for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back