Gas Pipe Burial!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
Does a gas supply to a hob have to be surface mounted?
When my new kitchen goes in next month the new hob will be close to where the old boiler was so the gas supply is close by, so I was wondering whether it could be plastered over has to be surface mounted? My other option is to bring it into the kitchen on the other side of the room and get it to the hob by running it behind the new units. But this will involve emptying a bedroom and getting the floorboards up in order to get the supply moved

Thanks

Peadee

Sponsored Links
needs protecting from plaster ,so wrapped with tape or pre coated pipe is available,then it can be coverd,can you ren it low down at plinth leve? to save chasing the wall out

Sponsored Links
The usual, easiest and cheapest solution is to run the gas pipe on the surface behind the units!

Tony

Bengas what is illegal about wrapping pipe and what makes you think it is

Bengas what is illegal about wrapping pipe and what makes you think it is
Some addition/alteration that came in about 2 years ago. We've been Denso-taping pipe for 40 years, but it suddenly became unsafe apparently. I think it was the end of the Prescot-era.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back