Gas Hob Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am currently planning out my new kitchen but I may have a slight problem. Due to obstacles and requirements, my plan currently has the gas hob 40cm from the sink. I am using the Ikea planner and it is telling me that there should be 50cm either side of the hob, even though it allows me to place it at 40cm. Is this a legal requirement or merely an ergonomic one?
Also, how critical is the position of the gas supply? I would rather get someone to do the supply before the kitchen goes in but, how exact does it have to be? Is a hob connected with a hose type affair or is it piped up directly? The same question applies to the cooker, even though I've not decided yet whether the cooker is to be gas or electric but I'm going to have a supply for both either way

Thanks

Peadee

Sponsored Links
the 50cm from ther side of the hob is for safe use of both the appliances, if too close you may hit a pot handle while working at the sink, however i cant think of any mandatory restriction on this, re the gas pipe to the hob, dont start us off again on connecting hobs with hoses :rolleyes: your gas guy/gal will fit the 1st fix gas pipe 50-60mm in from the right of the proposed position of the oven housing and will connect the hob up when it is fitted using rigid pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back