Gas Pipe + Help

There's always moisture. Steel whether galvanised or not could eventually "hole" the copper.

You do not want lots of ventilation around the pipe. The idea is that if there's a leak, there's only a small volume in which gas can build up, so you don't have to ventilate it.
If your "duct" is bigger, or has more volume because of what it's connected to, then you do have to start getting the vent the right size, a bit of a pain.
This is the problem with advising on things to do with gas - there's always another rule! Has to be said it's unlikely this will spontaneously blow up in your face, exactly... ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the advice

I went for extra safety and placed electrical insulation tape on the back of the steel cap and glue it to the white plastic holding the pipes in place. Also sealed the plaster board to the wood either side of the pipe. Left the hole near the pipe unsealed to allow gas to escape and to be detected.

If the steel cap does come loose and touch the copper hopefully I will have a couple of years before the copper pipe has a big hole.

Could not believe that the copper pipe could not be detected on it own. Anyway thank u for your help.

Chris

If the steel cap does come loose and touch the copper hopefully I will have a couple of years before the copper pipe has a big hole.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm sure you'll be fine with the PVC tape between the steel and copper, there's just something about that sentence that alarms me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back