Gas pipe in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
42086/81413_49456428.jpg[/net]

Hey guys. heres a photo of my gas pipe in my garage, its runs from the meter and runs along the bottom of the wall. (photo needs rotating 90)

what I wanted to know is, if I can plaster board over it. as I want to convert my garage into a room. I thought maybe it could have some sort of protective metal cover over it?

[/img]

Sponsored Links
I would stud the wall and make a access panel for the gas pipe with a vent in it. Insulate the wall behind the stud as most garages are single skins so will get very cold in winter. Lift the garage floor up on beams with damp proof course as some garage floors don't have them . Also can you
Add another ring to the electrics and can your boiler take the extra heat output for the radiator. All things to consider

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the info, that helps loads. The walls are already double skin. im going to get a builder in to do the work.

i just wanted to check if anything needs doing to the pipe.(like moving). so by the sounds of it i can just get it boarded up with vents, Would it need a shield to protect the pipe running along the wall, to prevent someone drilling into in the future?

thanks a full length access panel it is then, it would need vented to the outside?

so the pipe ruining along near the floor would be ok to be behind the stud wall?, would need a guard or protective paint to stop corrosion ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back