Gas pipe in stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I get shouted down I am studying my gas as part of my nvq level 3, I work with a gas safe engineer just want a wider opinion on a matter. I know when running a gas pipe vertical in a stud wall you need to run a vertical batten either side of the pipe and hopefully at the back of it. So its compartmented of from the rest off the wall. With the hope to keep the cross sectional area of what is then discribed as a duct to less that 0.1 meters squared. (Not a lot). It also states if the pipe is within 50mm of the walls surface that it should be protected with a 1mm steel plate. Is this used often? Could see a screwed gas pipe being a big problem as someone may not know they have screwed in to it you'd just get a small leak. Thanks for any in sight. I will hopefully be able to join the combustion chamber once qualifed.

Sponsored Links
Before I get shouted down I am studying my gas as part of my nvq level 3, I work with a gas safe engineer just want a wider opinion on a matter. I know when running a gas pipe vertical in a stud wall you need to run a vertical batten either side of the pipe and hopefully at the back of it. So its compartmented of from the rest off the wall. With the hope to keep the cross sectional area of what is then discribed as a duct to less that 0.1 meters squared. (Not a lot). It also states if the pipe is within 50mm of the walls surface that it should be protected with a 1mm steel plate. Is this used often? Could see a screwed gas pipe being a big problem as someone may not know they have screwed in to it you'd just get a small leak. Thanks for any in sight. I will hopefully be able to join the combustion chamber once qualifed.

If memory serves me correct you asked this question quite a while ago and were given the answers and the relevant documents for it.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back