Gas pipe to kitchen island

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, newbie here so please don`t bit :LOL:
I`m about to have an extension built on my house enlarging the kitchen. I`m going fit an island with 6 burner gas hob fitted in it and wanted to know the best way of running the feed pipe. From the existing concrete slab up I`m fitting 35mm profiled UFH with travertine tiles ontop of that. Should I simply use a 22mm copper pipe slotted into the 35mm insulated ufh boards or use a pvc coated 22mm pipe cut into a groove in the slab with the ufh boards ontop. The island is only 3m from the external wall and the gas meter is then only 2m away My Gas safe man will be making the final connections.

Sponsored Links
Hi.
You should speak to your gas safe man, he will make the decision on what material to use and he will need to run the pipe himself as it is part of Gaswork.
Daniel.

I'd fit a 100mm duct under the insulation with slow bends either side, then you can pull plastic coated copper or trac pipe when you're ready.
HTH.. ;)

Richard is of course going for the high cost option.

Tracpipe is about three times the cost of copper!

The gas reg installer will advise and copper is the most economic material!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Richard is of course going for the high cost option.

Tracpipe is about three times the cost of copper!

The gas reg installer will advise and copper is the most economic material!

Tony

Damn Tony, you've rumbled me again!!
Also, copper has a better flow rate & maintains less of a pressure loss too...... ;)

Also, copper has a better flow rate & maintains less of a pressure loss too...... ;)

Had to re-run a gas supply after a boiler install last year (not the AquaNova CC boys!!! :D). Tracpipe worked out cheaper than copper once the labour was taken into account.

Oh it can indeed Dan, but be careful, the pressure loss on trac pipe is sh.te compared to copper & the fitting can leak like a sieve. Don't believe their sales pitch!!

The above is purely my own personal view, my views are not as that of the forum or any other forum member and are written without prejudice.

Thanks for the constructive help lads lol
Maybe I'd be better off using flexible galvanised 20mm copex than hose though as wouldn't it have a bigger internal od and have the bonus of swirling the gas so creating more of a whirlwind effect at they burners?

Wasn't around in the 60's but the 80's certainly held no shame for me lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back