gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the gas feed for my new uninstalled combi is 22mm but to save time and expense would it be possible to tee off a 15mm gas pipe and then increase it to 22mm or would this create any problems.

Sponsored Links
yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa
cowboy!!!!!!!!!teather that horse and grab some grits

Sponsored Links
tonyten said:
the gas feed for my new uninstalled combi is 22mm but to save time and expense would it be possible to tee off a 15mm gas pipe and then increase it to 22mm or would this create any problems.

Tony, mine is supplied by a 15mm pipe that ultimatly is teed off a 22mm somewhere, so reduce it to 15mm but no need to increase it back to 22mm unless of course the boiler has a 22mm fitting....

YEE HAH
reiter.gif
YEE HAH
reiter.gif
YEE HAH
reiter.gif

pixey a little knowledge can be dangerous,your advice could kill i would suggest you go to college do the acs then come back and tell us how wrong you were with your advice,unless the pipe is sized correctly you will not get the performance from your boiler or correct combustion

I went to a combi boiler not working and the customer complained that when he ran hot water the gas hob would nearly go out all gas pipework was in 15mm and the bioler was purchased from B&Q when I asked who installed it he could not remember. YEE HA :rolleyes:

thanks for the advice i will make sure it is taken from the 22mm pipe even though it may cost a bit more as it is in an awkward position, better to be safe than sorry.

In short you have to have pipes sufficiently sized to only drop 1 mBar pressure across the pipework when your combi is heating hot water full kilt and all your other appliances are on acording some full blast some proportionately depending what the appliance is.

If the pipework isn't correctly sized one or more appliance could be dangerous, and some won't work very well, you hot water performance would be affected.

Most situations would entail 22mm all the way to a 28kw combi. Some equivalent lengths require 28mm pipework.

Bahco said:
Did nobody spot the plug? :LOL:

They should extend their name to Association of Registered Gas Installers (British Association of Registered Gas Installers).

Then your acronym would be argi (bargi). Much :LOL: . Ho Hum. I'll get my coat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back